- What We Do
- Who We Help
- Submit A Case
How We Work
Step 1. Complete the inquiry form.
Step 2. We schedule a FREE 30-minute interview.
Step 3. Jointly, the prospect and the M-CAT expert agree on work objectives, scope, approximate timeframe, participants, and budget.
Step 4. Then, depending on the type of services required, an engagement letter or contract is finalized, retainer fees secured, and M-CAT begins helping you right away.
What Should Be Done When Fraud Or A Security Breach Is Suspected
If you suspect fraud or have received information that alleges fraud has occurred, contact legal counsel, notify the local authorities, and review your insurance policy to fully understand the benefits of your coverage. You may not realize it, but your insurance may cover a portion of the loss – and in some cases, the cost to investigate and establish the loss amount.
Next, contact us! We can perform an independent investigation, quantify the loss, professionally document the fraud, testify about the committed fraud in court and secure recovery. We will work with you (or your clients) to be a seamless member of your team.
What can you do to avoid corporate fraud?
1. Have bank statements AND cancelled checks mailed to the business owner’s home. Review the bank statement for unauthorized withdrawals; review the front and back of each check to ensure they represent authorized business payments.
2. Segregate duties and make sure they stay segregated, even in periods of downsizing.
3. Perform unexpected “audits” on payments – demand backup documentation and reviews throughout the year.
4. Cash business? Verify cash is listed on the top of bank deposit slips and that deposit slip totals match bank statement totals.
5. Perform annual reviews of vendors and service providers to ensure they are legitimate.